Halloween Half (5km/10km/21km)
Our goal is to raise $1,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters. We’re matching all donations up to $25.00. You can also win a season’s pass when you help this worthy charity who are stationed at all your aid stations along the run. Donate when you register at the race or click here.
An event for all ages and abilities.
This is an inexpensive chip timed event giving runners the opportunity to participate without breaking the bank. To keep it affordable, participants receive a timing chip, on-course aid stations, Cinnzeo bakery snacks & water at the finish line.
We encourage everyone to dress up and run the course in costume!
It’s only $30-$40!
Saturday October 30, 2021
4707 Fountain Dr, Red Deer, AB
5km/10km – $30! Online closes Thursday night
Half Marathon 21km – $40! Online closes Thursday night
Free parking at Bower Ponds.
We can offer you a free race if you or a friend can volunteer.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pickup Times / New Race Start Times
21km runners: pickup between 8:30am – 9:15am – new rolling race start 9:30am
10km runners: pickup between 9:00am – 9:45am – new rolling race start 10:00am
5km runners: pickup between 9:30am – 10:15am – new rolling race start 10:30am
Race Package Pickup
We are staging race package pick-up according to your race distance. Please do not arrive before your scheduled pick-up time. Participants must wear a mask and line up 2m apart during package pick-up. Before receiving your timing chip and race bib number from our team (who will wear masks & gloves) participants will be questioned as follows:
(Questions 1 – 4 NO, 5 YES required for participation) to be answered upon arrival.
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID – 19. (if yes in the past 14 days, no participation)
- Do you have any symptoms: cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing not related to a pre-existing condition?
- Have you knowingly been in contact with an individual who has tested positive in the last 14 days
- Have you read the athlete race day information in its entirety?
- Racers will line up every 2m (at flags) and individually released every 5 seconds in a time-trial format. Keep moving up the line until you’re the next to go.
- Your start time is automatically triggered when you cross the start line.
- Although cohorts will be allowed to start and race in a group, side-by-side running is not allowed. We want to leave plenty of room for others to pass.
- Athletes will be instructed to maintain physical distance of 2m through the race.
- Passing is permitted when there is nobody coming the other way. Call out “passing on your left” and allow 2m.
- The runner being passed must fall back to maintain 2m distance from the runner in front.
- Water cups will be filled and waiting on the aid station tables.
- Honey Stinger gels will be placed on aid station tables.
- Porta Potties will be stocked with hand sanitizer.
- Athletes will be encouraged not to directly follow another athlete into the finish area and to always maintain 2m of physical distance.
- We have a wide finish chute with two lanes. Pick a side and keep moving forward.
- Take off your timing chip and drop it in one of our bins.
- Water and Honey Stinger snacks will be available at the finish.
- After the race, runners can gather in small, distanced groups away from the finish area for up to 15 minutes. Savour the moment and then please find your way home.
- Top Male/Female in each event win a free entry to the next race! Winners will receive an email after the race.
Due to construction, runners will begin at Bower Ponds and run out and back along the river’s north paths.
Click on the map for interactive route video. 10 km runners follow the yellow flags once they pass the blue flags.