HEART OF THE ROCKIES
IRONMAN 70.3 CALGARY
GREAT WHITE NORTH TRI
CHINOOK TRI FESTIVAL
HEART OF THE
RED DEER RUN SERIES
SATURDAY, AUGUST 29, 2020
New Half Marathon 21k Category for 2020!
A perfect start to your training! A CHIP TIMED 5k/10k /21k race from Bower Mall south along Bower Woods Trail with super low fees! Expect a well organized, laid-back, affordable race for runners, joggers & families of all ages and abilities.
To keep it affordable for all participants you will receive a timing chip, snacks & water at the finish line (no food or event swag will be provided).
We offer free future race entries for our volunteers. If you would like to help cheer everyone on at an aid station click here.
Saturday August 29, 2020
ENTRY FEE: $25.00-$35.00
Race Day Registration available for $30 (5k and 10k) or $40 for 21k CASH ONLY
- Race CHIP TIMING and Results
- WELL MARKED course with water stations + porta potties
- FUN & SWEAT!
At Bower Mall east parking across the field from Start/Finish on Molly Bannister Drive
RACE DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pickup Times / New Race Start Times
21km runners: pickup between 8:30am – 9:15am – new rolling race start 9:30am
10km runners: pickup between 9:00am – 9:45am – new rolling race start 10:00am
5km runners: pickup between 9:30am – 10:15am – new rolling race start 10:30am
Race Package Pickup
We are staging race package pick-up according to your race distance. Please do not arrive before your scheduled pick-up time. Participants must wear a mask and line up 2m apart during package pick-up. Before receiving your timing chip and race bib number from our team (who will wear masks & gloves) participants will be questioned as follows:
(Questions 1 – 4 NO, 5 YES required for participation) to be answered upon arrival.
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID – 19. (if yes in the past 14 days, no participation)
- Do you have any symptoms: cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing not related to a pre-existing condition?
- Have you knowingly been in contact with an individual who has tested positive in the last 14 days
- Have you read the athlete race day information in its entirety?
- Racers will line up every 2m (at flags) and individually released every 5 seconds in a time-trial format. Keep moving up the line until you’re the next to go.
- Your start time is automatically triggered when you cross the start line.
- Although cohorts will be allowed to start and race in a group, side-by-side running is not allowed. We want to leave plenty of room for others to pass.
- Athletes will be instructed to maintain physical distance of 2m through the race.
- Passing is permitted when there is nobody coming the other way. Call out “passing on your left” and allow 2m.
- The runner being passed must fall back to maintain 2m distance from the runner in front.
- Water cups will be filled and waiting on the aid station tables.
- Honey Stinger gels will be placed on aid station tables.
- Porta Potties will be stocked with hand sanitizer.
- Athletes will be encouraged not to directly follow another athlete into the finish area and to always maintain 2m of physical distance.
- We have a wide finish chute with two lanes. Pick a side and keep moving forward.
- Take off your timing chip and drop it in one of our bins.
- Water and Honey Stinger snacks will be available at the finish.
- After the race, runners can gather in small, distanced groups away from the finish area for up to 15 minutes. Savour the moment and then please find your way home.
- Top Male/Female in each event win a free entry to the next race! Winners will receive an email after the race.
5K COURSE MAP – Click the map for an interactive view!
One 5km lap
Runners will start on the field just east of Bower Mall along Molly Bannister Drive. Run south along the Bower Woods paved trail for 1.5km before returning back past the start then up to our turn around at 32nd ST. Return 1km to finish line.
Water will be at the 1km, 2km & 3KM mark.
Washrooms at the start/finish line and aid stations
10K COURSE MAP – Click the map for an interactive view!
Two 5km laps
Runners will start on the field just east of Bower Mall along Molly Bannister Drive. Run south along the Bower Woods paved trail for 1.5km before returning back past the start on the path then up to our turn around at 32nd ST. Return 1km to finish zone, turn at cones (not finish line) and repeat for your second lap. After two laps, finish across the start/finish arch.
Water at 1km, 2km, 3km, 5km, 6km, 7km & 8km
Washrooms: start/finish line and aid stations
21K COURSE MAP – Click the map for an interactive view!
Three 7km laps
Runners will start on the field just east of Bower Mall along Molly Bannister Drive. Run south along the Bower Woods paved trail for 2.5km before returning back past the start on the path then up to our turn around at 32nd ST. Return 1km to finish zone, turn at cones (not actual finish line) and repeat for the next two laps. After three laps finish across the start/finish arch.
Water approx every 1.5km (pass 13 aid stations over the course)
Washrooms: start/finish line and aid stations