Red Dear Roundup Run (5km/10km/15km)
SATURDAY October 2, 2021
An event for all ages and abilities where athletes will enjoy the precise organization and execution of a Platinum Racing event, all with a laid back atmosphere. Our awesome volunteers make the day fun by ensuring you stay on course and cheer you on!
This is an inexpensive chip timed event giving runners the opportunity to participate without breaking the bank. To keep it affordable for all participants you will receive a race bib, timing chip and water at the finish line but no food or event swag will be provided.
2021 SERIES PASS helps you save when you register for Roundup & Halloween Half together.
Get registered today! The Roundup Run is only $30-$40!
Race Day Registration will be available race morning for $40-$50.
Saturday June 19, 2021
Heritage Ranch 6300 Cronquist Dr, Red Deer
Click here to view the volunteer positions and times. We’d love your help!
5km or 10km: Only $30! 15km: $40
Includes: Expert CHIP TIMING and Results, snacks & refreshments
WELL MARKED course with water stations, marshals + porta potties
FUN & SWEAT!
RACE DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pickup Times / New Race Start Times
15km runners: pickup between 8:30am – 9:15am – new rolling race start 9:30am
10km runners: pickup between 9:00am – 9:45am – new rolling race start 10:00am
5km runners: pickup between 9:30am – 10:15am – new rolling race start 10:30am
Race Package Pickup
We are staging race package pick-up according to your race distance. Please do not arrive before your scheduled pick-up time. Participants must wear a mask and line up 2m apart during package pick-up. Before receiving your timing chip and race bib number from our team (who will wear masks & gloves) participants will be questioned as follows:
(Questions 1 – 4 NO, 5 YES required for participation) to be answered upon arrival.
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID – 19. (if yes in the past 14 days, no participation)
- Do you have any symptoms: cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing not related to a pre-existing condition?
- Have you knowingly been in contact with an individual who has tested positive in the last 14 days
- Have you read the athlete race day information in its entirety?
- Racers will line up every 2m (at flags) and individually released every 5 seconds in a time-trial format. Keep moving up the line until you’re the next to go.
- Your start time is automatically triggered when you cross the start line.
- Although cohorts will be allowed to start and race in a group, side-by-side running is not allowed. We want to leave plenty of room for others to pass.
- Athletes will be instructed to maintain physical distance of 2m through the race.
- Passing is permitted when there is nobody coming the other way. Call out “passing on your left” and allow 2m.
- The runner being passed must fall back to maintain 2m distance from the runner in front.
- Water cups will be filled and waiting on the aid station tables.
- Honey Stinger gels will be placed on aid station tables.
- Porta Potties will be stocked with hand sanitizer.
- Athletes will be encouraged not to directly follow another athlete into the finish area and to always maintain 2m of physical distance.
- We have a wide finish chute with two lanes. Pick a side and keep moving forward.
- Take off your timing chip and drop it in one of our bins.
- Water and Honey Stinger snacks will be available at the finish.
- After the race, runners can gather in small, distanced groups away from the finish area for up to 15 minutes. Savour the moment and then please find your way home.
- Top Male/Female in each event win a free entry to the next race! Winners will receive an email after the race.
5KM COURSE MAP (CLICK FOR INTERACTIVE ROUTE)
10KM COURSE MAP (CLICK FOR INTERACTIVE ROUTE)
15KM COURSE MAP (CLICK FOR INTERACTIVE ROUTE)