HEART OF THE ROCKIES
IRONMAN 70.3 CALGARY
GREAT WHITE NORTH TRI
CHINOOK TRI FESTIVAL
HEART OF THE
RED DEER RUN SERIES
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Awesome volunteers make an awesome event! Over 30 volunteers are needed for each event!
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the sporting community, encourage health and fitness, support fellow athletes and be part of the fun and excitement of a race without the training, sweat or heavy breathing. 🙂
There are a variety of volunteer positions available including group and individual opportunities. Volunteering can be a great team-building exercise, a fun family bonding experience, a way to get credit for volunteer hours required for school and a new way to meet people.
If you’d like to help out in a race, please let us know by completing the form below… and THANK YOU in advance!
Yes, I’d like to volunteer!
Saturday, June 29, 2019
ROUND UP VOLUNTEER ROLES
COURSE MARSHALS ** most important job **
9:15am – 1:00pm
* ensure participants stay on trails/designated route
* help participants if required or call for first aid
* cheer on participants as they pass!
WATER STATION MARSHAL
9:15am – 1:00pm
* similar to Course Marshal plus
* fill cups with water/Gatorade as athletes run by
* keep area clean of all garbage
8:00am – 9:45am
* hand out bibs to pre-registered athletes
* race day registrations
* ensure everyone signs waiver form
* answering questions, directing participants
8:15am – 1:00pm
* assist participants by storing coats, hats, articles of clothing and accessories before race
* retrieve for them after the race