Refunds / Race Registration Insurance
If events are cancelled due to COVID-19, registrants will receive a 75% deferral credit to a future race of their choosing. After activating a deferral from 2020 into 2021, no additional fees will be charged if your event is cancelled again.
Roll-over 2019 race entries deferrals will include a $50 administration fee
Athletes can add REFUND INSURANCE to their event race entry. Register with confidence knowing that in the event of the following circumstances you will be able to recover your entry fees:
- Family emergencies
- Unexpected illness
- Car accidents
- And more
The cost of insurance is 8% of your total entry and you will be eligible for a 100% refund including taxes and processing fees if you need to cancel. This insurance does not cover event cancellation due to Acts of God (i.e. weather, pandemic, etc.).
Race Transfers – In the event that you are unable to race in an event that you are currently registered, race transfers to another one of our Series events in the SAME calendar year are possible up until 2 weeks from the race day you are currently registered for. Transfers to other athletes are not permitted.
A transfer fee of $50 + Zone4 processing fees will be applied to ALL transfers, regardless of distance of the original registration.
Registration pricing differences will be applied if the transfer is to an event with a higher entry fee.
If you have opted in to race insurance for your original race entry and choose to transfer to another event, this will nullify your policy and your new event entry will NOT be covered under your original policy.
Athlete insurance options vary on the event. You will be able to review our requirements during online registration before check-out.
What Is Refunded?
We reimburses you for the Race Entry Cost of a non-refundable, unused Entry, less any Refunds if you are unable to use your race entry due to one or more of the following Reasons (with adequate documentation):
1. Any serious Injury or any unforeseen serious Illness occurring to a Race Entry Holder which results in a Race Entry Holder being unable to attend the Event for which the Race Entry is purchased. The Race Entry Holder must be examined by a Physician within 72 hours of the claim and the Physician must advise the Race Entry Holder not to attend the Event.
2. Any serious Injury or any unforeseen serious Illness occurring to a Race Entry Holder’s Family Member which requires the Race Entry Holder to provide primary care to that person. The Race Entry Holder’s Family Member must be examined by a Physician within 72 hours of the claim.
3. Any serious Injury or any unforeseen serious Illness occurring to a Race Entry Holder’s Family Member that is considered life threatening or requiring hospitalization. The Race Entry Holder’s Family Member must be examined by a Physician within 72 hours of the claim.
4. A Race Entry Holder’s death on or within 30 days prior to the Event.
5. The death of a Race Entry Holder’s Family Member on or within 30 days prior to the Event.
6. A Race Entry Holder being directly involved in a traffic Accident on the day of the Event, that causes damage to a Race Entry Holder’s vehicle that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle.
7. A Mechanical Breakdown of a Race Entry Holder’s vehicle within 48 hours of the Event, resulting in the non-use of the vehicle as transportation to the Event. You must provide proof of the Mechanical Breakdown, such as a tow truck or mechanic’s receipt or a police report.
8. A Race Entry Holder who is on Active Military Duty having been deployed overseas at the time of the Event.
9. A Race Entry Holder being directly or indirectly involved in a traffic Accident en route to departure on a Common Carrier resulting in the Race Entry Holder missing transportation to the Event, provided that the transportation was scheduled to depart no more than 48 hours prior to the Event, and the Common Carrier was unable to accommodate the Race Entry Holder on later transportation which would arrive in time to attend the Event.
10. A Race Entry Holder not arriving at the venue due to a delay by the Common Carrier used for transportation.
11. Severe weather conditions which result in the Race Entry Holder’s inability to attend the Event. The Race Entry Holder must be unable to reach the Event by car or Common Carrier. This does not include weather such as heavy snowfall with roads open, ice on roads, or abnormally heavy rain, unless the intervention of authorities is involved. If the Event is cancelled due to weather, the Race Entry Holder will not qualify for a refund.
12. Fire, burglary, vandalism or Natural Disaster which causes the Race Entry Holder’s home to be uninhabitable after the purchase of Race Entries and before the date of the Event.
13. Fire, burglary, vandalism, flood, or Natural Disaster which causes the Race Entry Holder’s place of work to be unsuitable for normal business practice after the purchase of Race Entries and within 48 hours of the Event.
14. A Race Entry Holder’s or their Spouse’s job is relocated 100 miles or more from the Race Entry Holder’s primary residence. Accepting a new job with another employer is not considered relocation and does not qualify for a refund.
What your Race Insurance will not refund…
No refund will be provided as a result whether directly or indirectly of the following:
1. Pre-Existing Conditions;
2. Intentionally self-inflicted harm, suicide or attempted suicide by a Race Entry Holder;
3. Mental or nervous health disorders, including but not limited to: anxiety, depression, neurosis or psychosis; or physical complications related thereto of a Race Entry Holder or a Race Entry Holder’s Family Member;
4. Alcohol or substance abuse; or conditions or physical complications related thereto of a Race Entry Holder or a Race Entry Holder’s Family Member;
5. War (whether declared or undeclared), acts of war, military duty (unless specifically covered), civil disorder, or civil unrest;
6. Nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination;
8. Epidemic or Pandemic;
9. Pollution or threat of pollutant release;
10. Any unlawful acts committed by a Race Entry Holder or Race Entry Holder’s Family Members
11. The Event being cancelled by the venue or promoter for any reason (including bad weather);
12. Dental treatment, except as a result of an Injury to sound natural teeth;
13. Participation in any military service, maneuver or training exercise not overseas.
14. Making a false or fraudulent refund application or support a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement;
15. Submitting your refund request more than 45 days after the Event
16. Any expected or foreseeable events not listed under the What we will Refund section
· You must make all necessary arrangements to arrive at the event on time.
· You must not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance, at the time the insurance was purchased, which may give rise to a refund request.
· You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent or reduce any request for a refund.
· Unless we agree otherwise:
– the language of this document and all communications relating to it will be English; and
– all aspects of the contract, including negotiation and performance, are subject to English laws and the decisions of English courts.
· This insurance is non-refundable unless cancelled within 14 days of purchase and the Event has not taken place. To cancel the refund protection, You need to contact Platinum Racing within 14 days.
· Accident means an unexpected, unintended, unforeseeable event.
· Active Military Duty means serving in the armed forces.
· Common Carrier means an entity licensed to carry passengers for hire by air, or on land or water. Common Carrier does not include vehicle rental companies.
· Epidemic means an outbreak of contagious disease that spreads rapidly and widely and that is identified as an epidemic by a recognized health authority.
· Event means an entertainment, theatrical or recreational event for which a Race Entry is purchased.
· Family Member means a Race Entry Holder’s Spouse, live-in employed caregiver, Spouse’s caregiver, parent, legal guardian, stepparent, grandparent, grandchild, child, foster child, ward, step-child, sibling, step-sibling, in-law (parent, child, sibling), aunt, uncle, niece or nephew.
· Illness means a sickness, infirmity, or disease that begins after the Race Entry is purchased, prevents Race Entry Holder from attending the Event, and is not a Pre-existing Condition.
· Immediate Family Member means a Race Entry Holder’s Spouse, parent, child, foster child, step-child, child-in-law, grandparent, grandchild or ward.
· Injury means bodily injury caused by an Accident, directly and independently of all other causes and sustained on or after the purchase date and before the Event Date.
· Mechanical Breakdown means a mechanical issue which prevents a vehicle from being driven, a flat tyre requiring professional roadside assistance, or a vehicle becoming inoperable. Mechanical Breakdown does not include running out of fuel, the need for routine maintenance, or inoperability because of lost, unavailable or stolen keys.
· Natural Disaster means flood, wildfire, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption, blizzard or avalanche that is due to natural causes.
· Pandemic means an Epidemic over a wide geographic area that affects a large portion of the population.
· Physician means a licensed/qualified medical practitioner who is practicing within the scope of his or her license/qualification and who is licensed to prescribe and administer medication and to perform surgery that is appropriate for the condition and locality. A Physician does not include someone residing in Your home, an Immediate Family Member, or Your in-laws (parent, child, sibling), aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or legal guardian.
· Pre-Existing Condition means:
-An Injury to a Race Entry Holder or Race Entry Holder’s Family Member prior to the Race Entry purchase:
-Illness of a Race Entry Holder or Race Entry Holder’s Family Member for which:
Medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received by a Physician or for which symptoms exist which would cause a prudent person to seek advice, diagnosis, care or treatment; or
That required taking prescription drugs or medicines, unless the condition for which the drugs or medicines are taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription drugs or medicines.
- Money returned to You by the Platinum Racing;
- Any credit or voucher for future events You receive or are entitled to receive from the supplier; or
- Any credits, recoveries or reimbursements You receive or are entitled to receive from Your employer, a credit card issuer or any other institution.
Spouse means a Race Entry Holder’s lawful spouse as defined by law and includes civil unions and domestic partners.
Race Entry means a single Race Entry, whether purchased individually or as part of a series, issued on paper or electronically to one entertainment, theatrical or recreational Event and paid for in full by You.
Race Entry Cost means the total amount paid for one Race Entry, including any prorated taxes and transaction fees.
Race Entry Holder means the person to whom this Race Entry is issued and has incidence of ownership under this Race Entry.
Races are held rain or shine and will not be cancelled except for cases of severe weather or Acts of God (Force Majeure). In the case of severe weather, the Race Director will evaluate conditions and make an appropriate determination regarding initiation, cancellation or continuation of the race in question race morning. Such determination shall be based on prudent consideration in conjunction with local law enforcement and/or other officials. Any announcements regarding course changes or race cancellation will be made by the race announcer on race morning before the scheduled start. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, Platinum Racing reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any/all portions of the race, or to make any modification concerning the time, length or nature of the event.
Platinum Racing is not liable for any injury sustained by the participant during the course of training for, preparation for or participation in an event or any injury occurring to the participant following the event.