Chinook Classic Triathlon Schedule of Events
Race Bib Number & Number Tattoos
• In your race kits you will have a swim cap, bib number, and bike # sticker.
• Affix your Bib number to a bib strap belt (fabric elastic or proper triathlon belt). Do not wear your Bib in the swim under your wet suit, it will probably tear apart when you take it off. Your Bib must be visible on the run course. Write any critical medical information on the back of your bib.
• Remember to wear your ankle timing chip.
• Your bib number is your passport to retrieve you bicycle after the race.
• One timing chip must be transferred between team members in the transition zone between each leg. Runner to wear bib number.
Race Day Procedures
Half Distance Triathlon / AquaBike (Long Course) Start 7:30am
Olympic Distance Triathlon / AquaBike /Duathlon Start 8:00am
Chestermere Loop The Lake Fun Runs 9:-9:15am more info here.
Like any other event we are always in search of some much needed enthusiastic volunteers. If you have a family member or a friend that’s coming to watch the event, then ask them to help out. They get a great meal and of course lots and lots of fun. They can register here.
Water temperature ranges from 17C to 19C in June. Wetsuits are recommended. The City of Chestermere harvests out weeds from our swim course on race week!
• Located along the east entrance to Camp Chestermere. Extra parking across the street along E. Lakeview Road.
• Transition (bike racks) opens at 6:30am for Half Iron long course racers. If you are racing the Duathlon or Olympic distance, arrive before 7:15am.
• There are designated rows for each bike. Find your number sequence and rack your bike.
• Washrooms are available in the camp buildings, just follow the signs.
Food & Awards
Food is offered after 10:00am in the main building. Awards will flow through the day upon the completion of various distances at the finish line.