Chinook Classic Triathlon Schedule of Events
Race Package Pickup
Race Bib Number & Number Tattoos
• In your race kits you will have a swim cap, Bib number, Tattoo number and simple bike sticker.
• Apply your tattoo numbers to your left arm/forearm and left calf early race morning before arriving at the race. Make sure your bike has your sticker visible for security purposes.
• Affix your Bib number to a bib strap belt (fabric elastic or proper triathlon belt). Do not wear your Bib in the swim under your wet suit, it will probably tear apart when you take it off. Your Bib must be visible on the run course. Write any critical medical information on the back of your bib.
• Pick up your ankle race timing chip from our timing tent on race morning.
• The Tattoo numbers must be worn by cyclists (left arm/forearm & calf). Bib numbers only need to be worn by the runner on each team.
• One timing chip must be transferred between team members in transition zone between each leg.
Race Day Procedures
Half Distance Triathlon / AquaBike (Long Course) Start 7:30am (Bike/Run Option start 8:00am)
Duathlon Start 8:15am
Olympic Distance Triathlon / AquaBike Start 8:30am (Bike/Run Option start 9:00am)
Like any other event we are always in search of some much needed enthusiastic volunteers. If you have a family member or a friend that’s coming to watch the event, then ask them to help out. They get a great meal and of course lots and lots of fun. They can register here.
Water temperature ranges from 17C to 19C in late August. Wetsuits are recommended. The City of Chestermere harvests out weeds from our swim course on race week!
• Located along the east entrance to Camp Chestermere. Extra parking across the street along E. Lakeview Road.
• Transition (bike racks) opens at 6:30am for Half Iron long course racers. If you are racing the Duathlon or Olympic distance, arrive before 7:15am.
• There are designated rows for each bike. Find your number sequence and rack your bike.
• Washrooms are available in the camp buildings, just follow the signs.
• Remember to stop by timing tent to pick up your timing chip.
There are many cheering opportunities at Camp Chestermere or along the course – especially if you can volunteer!
Awards and Post Race Festivities
• Lunch, Cinnzeo Buns and cold Banded Peak beer will be available following the race. Please proceed to an open spot on the grass to relax. You can also retrieve your bike and then return to your vehicle.
• Awards will be held at 12:00pm for Olympic/Duathlon & 1:30pm for Half Iron Long Course.
• Thank a Volunteer
Awards will be presented to the top 3 in each Age Group for both men and women. The Age Groups are broken down into 10 year categories as follows for both Long Course & Olympic Triathlons.