Chinook Classic Triathlon Schedule of Events
NEW RACE DATE – Saturday Aug 15, 2020.
Race Package pickup
Like any other event we are always in search of some much needed enthusiastic volunteers. If you have a family member or a friend that’s coming to watch the event, then ask them to help out. They get a great meal and of course lots and lots of fun. They can register here.
Water temperature ranges from 18C to 21C in mid-August. Wetsuits are recommended. The City of Chestermere harvests weeds from our swim course on race week.
Race Bib Number
• In your race kits you will have a Bib Number related to your event.
• Affix your Bib to a bib strap belt (fabric elastic or proper triathlon belt).
• Do not wear your Bib in the swim under your wet suit, it will probably tear apart when you take it off.
• Your Bib must be visible on the run course.
• Bibs need to be worn by the runner on each team. Each team participant receives a personal timing chip to be worn through the event.
• The hand-off point is the bike rack position for your cyclist.
Race Day Procedures
• Located along the east entrance to Camp Chestermere.
• Transition opens at 6:00am
• This is the location of your bike to run.
• There are designated spot for each bike. Find your number sequence and rack your bike.
We are not encouraging spectators at the finish due to Covid 19 restrictions. There are many cheering opportunities along the course.
Awards and Post Race Festivities
• Pre-packaged food will be available following the race. Please proceed to an open spot on the grass to relax. retrieve your bike and then return to your vehicle.
• We will be unable to hold an awards ceremony due to COVID-19 concerns.
• Thank a Volunteer